Friday, March 25, 2011

Check out my "Art Chart"

As a majority of my students are visual learners, I thought this concept mapping lesson would be a good opportunity to create a flow chart of the classes that I offer.  We are right in the middle of scheduling for next year, and a number of students get confused about the progression of classes and what their options are from year to year.   A visual representation seems a little easier to understand than a list on paper.
I'm planning to add this to our curriculum guide as well as posting this to my school iweb page.
I also plan to print a poster sized hard copy to hang in my room.  As far as application within the classroom,  a concept map would be a great tool to use for explanation of art history or for outlining steps for projects and procedures.

No comments:

Post a Comment